Often referred to as “lean manufacturing” or “demand manufacturing,” just-in-time (JIT) production is a method of designing, fabricating, and shipping a part order with optimal waste elimination and efficiency. At R&M High Speed Stamping, we specialize in providing high quality precision metal stamping in Minneapolis, MN, with an emphasis on excellence in design alongside just-in-time production and delivery.
The benefits of JIT manufacturing are numerous for our clients operating in the fast-pace production industries of today’s rapidly advancing technological world. With rapid prototyping abilities and the use of state-of-the-art CAD/CAM software, the system of JIT manufacturing of a machining shop makes perfect sense for precision metal stamping production. If you use a hydraulic stamping press in your facility, make sure that it gets regularly inspected and serviced by a hydraulic cylinder repair contractor.
The R&M High Speed Stamping system of JIT manufacturing is based on the two pillars of design engineering and production engineering. In other words, a system of fast-paced, high-quality production and delivery is founded on the abilities of our design teams and creation teams. Because our engineers work together throughout both stages of the manufacturing process, the fabrication of parts with any design flaws or production issues is easily avoided.
Our practice of JIT manufacturing contains several elements that make up the systematized backbone of our precision metal stamping production:
- Design is the initial stage of our JIT system. This includes the realization of an idea into a viable part design. Our rapid prototyping services and design engineers play a vital role in completing comprehensive part designs exacted to our customer’s specifications yet maintaining a goal of producing as little waste as possible.
- Materials are an important part of our JIT system of production. Lacking the right materials at hand would throw a wrench in our system of JIT manufacturing, so to speak. From stainless steel to copper alloys and beyond, the highest quality materials our customers need for their parts are immediately available at R&M High Speed Stamping.
- Stamping and overall machining operations complete the majority of the production engineering stage of our JIT system. Our BRUDERER® presses and in-house tooling equipment are state of the art, featuring high-speed stamping, close tolerance precision stamping, thin slotting, and more.
- Additional offline operations include our comprehensive value-added services and offline tooling, tapping, and other services when needed. These added operations complete a part to its fullest in the JIT process, eliminating the need to work through multiple production providers.
- Packaging and shipping are the final elements of the R&M High Speed Stamping system for JIT manufacturin2g. With our abilities in unique part packaging and just-in-time delivery system, our customers can expect parts designed, fabricated, finished, packed, and shipped in as few as 5 to 10 business days.
The need for a high-quality JIT manufacturing system is key in today’s industry. At R&M High Speed Stamping, we strive to improve our system continually, and we work to offer optimized efficiency to our customers each day. For more information about our JIT system and precision metal stamping in Minneapolis, MN, contact R&M High Speed Stamping today at (763) 533-1501.